Tomorrow gamescom officially starts but today it’s all about the Xbox One briefings. Starting at 10am Microsoft held a briefing with the press where they unveiled some great announcements for the Xbox One, this evening sees the turn of some special guests as they take to the floor and grab some hands-on time with Xbox One’s upcoming games.
Here’s what was unveiled:
- Xbox Independent Games program will have no Fees: no certification, no activation. Registered developers will receive two free Xbox One dev kits.
- Fable Legends, an online Fable world has been announced. Play as nicely or horribly as you like. The game will be set 400 years before the first Fable game.
- Fighter Within coming exclusively to Xbox One – anyone remember Fighters Uncaged *shudders.
- The Division will receive exclusive content before and after the game’s launch.
- The Minecraft team Mojang unveil Cobalt, a multiplayer platform shooter.
- Call of Duty: Ghosts will receive dedicated hosts, no more host advantage and excuses for why you suck at CoD.
- New Call of Duty: Ghosts mode ‘Blitz’ to be shown off on tomorrow’s Xbox live stream.
- A Call of Duty: Ghosts bundle for Xbox One has been announced.
- Kinect Sports Rivals promises to bring “awesome version of you”.
- Peggle 2 and Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare coming first to Xbox One, with Peggle 2 releasing as a launch title.
- FIFA 14 Ultimate Team Legends will allow you to have current and classic players. The mode is exclusive to Xbox One.
- While stocks last both existing and new pre-orders of the Xbox One will include a free copy of FIFA 14.