Joyride Turbo Dated
Joyride Turbo, BigPark’s XBLA racer, has today been given the release date of 23rd May, and will be available for 800 MSP. The news was outed on Major Nelson’s content schedule for the rest of May. You can read the full list here on Major Nelsons blog.
Those of you with good memories may remember “Joyride” originally being announced at E3 back in 2009 only to see it being released in the form of the Kinect only title, “Kinect Joyride”. This is where Joyride Turbo comes in to fill the gap for those of us who want to race with controllers and not Kinect. Joyride Turbo will feature 42 vehicles for your avatars to race in over Live, as well as the features listed below:
- Race your friends in local 4-player split-screen or compete with up to 8 on Xbox LIVE.
- Knock out your competitors and take the race lead with rockets, mines, dynamite drops and more.
- Explore the new Stunt Park to gather all of the collectibles and showoff your skills.
- Find and collect car parts to unlock vehicles, each with unique speed and handling characteristics, giving you an edge in your next race.
- Achieve racing leaderboard fame in 3 modes of play: Battle Race, Pro Race & Time Trial.
Although it moves away from the originally free to play proposal from almost 3 years ago, seeing this finally release as it was intended is a good sign.