Bethesda confirm Skyrim update 1.6 release
Skyrim’s latest 1.6 patch is now available on Xbox Live, as tweeted by Bethesda. The fixes address Kinect and quest issues and also adds mounted combat.
Bethesda’s Peter Hines told Official Xbox Magazine:
“A bug-free Skyrim may be “impossible” due to the nature of the game itself, but the studio won’t give up.”
Full patch fixes:
- General stability and memory optimisation.
- General AI pathfinding improvements.
- Optimisations and crash fixes for data leaks.
- Fixed rare crash with lighting.
- Fixed loading and saving crashes.
- Fixed summoned creature & NPS crashes.
- Fixed rare corrupt saves issues.
- Improved logic for when ranged kill cams are played.
- Fixed rare issue with certain ranged kill cams not playing properly.
- Fixed issue with nirnroot lighting not correctly cleaning up.
- Fixed bow damage calculation issue.
- Fixed rare werewolf kill move animation issue.
- In “The Break of Dawn” fixed Meridia’s Beacon disappearing from player’s inventory issue.
- Fixed rare issue where followers would disappear after player pays off bounty after committing a crime.
- Fixed issue where NPC and certain creatures would fail to respawn correctly.
- Fixed rare issue with dialogue subtitles.
- Fixed issue with water appearing blurry when loading a saved game where it was saved underwater.
- Fixed issue where map cursor would occasionally disappear after closing message box with Kinect enabled.
- Fixed issue with shouts only performing the first level and not other unlocked levels with Kinect enabled.
- Fixed issue where the shout buttons would stop working properly is users mashed LB & RB during cooldown with Kinect enabled.
Wow, that’s a pretty extensive list to be getting on with. Add to that the addition of mounted combat, this looks like a big update and one to be welcomed.