4JStudios detail hopes for Minecraft update
4J Studios has confirmed via their Twitter account, what they hope the next Minecraft (XBLA) update will contain. “We’re aiming to update to the major PC releases – first one will be the equivalent of the PC Beta 1.7.3 version.” It’s believed that the current game is based on Minecraft (PC) Beta 1.6.6 so hopefully users will see the following features.
- Added pistons.
- Fixed clay generation.
- Flint and Steel or redstone is now required to trigger TNT.
- Fences can be stacked.
- Added Shears.
- Redstone wire now will connect to a repeater.
- Shears can be used to pick up leaf blocks.
- Shears can be used to shear sheep without hurting them
- Sheep no longer drop wool from being punched, only from being killed when they are unsheared.
- New textures for Cobblestone and Brick blocks.
- Silverfish skin was added (for Beta 1.8).
No release date has been announced but its good to see that 4JStudios is fully invested in keeping Xbox players as up to as possible.